The first step is to do some troubleshooting.
- Is there any build up or dirt around the threading of the battery? If yes, please clean the battery with the following steps:
- Use a dry toothbrush on top of the battery (threading) with short, brisk strokes. Pay particular attention to the slots on the threading. This should be done once every week.
- Do not use any alcohol solvent, cleaners, liquid or canned air to clean the batteries.
- Check your battery indicator light. When the battery is screwed onto your charger, a light on the side indicates that it is charging, while no light indicates that it is fully charged.
- When you attach a depleted battery, the light on the battery should turn on.
- If the battery light does not turn on and the battery is dead, leave the battery on the charger for a minimum of 60 minutes. If the battery light has not turned on after 60 minutes, try a different depleted battery to ensure the charger is working.
- If the battery light turns on with a different battery, then your first battery may be defective.
- If the battery light still does not turn on, then your charger may be defective.
- Plug your charger into a different power source such as another USB port on your computer, or try your Vape wall adapter and perform these steps again.
- If this step does not fix the problem, then your charger needs to be replaced.
- If you are not getting vapor, make sure you are not using a depleted cartridge by trying a different cartridge.
If you need assistance with these steps or if you have determined you need a replacement battery or charger we highly recommend you call, chat, or email us for an RMA#. We will keep you notified of the status of your warranty claim when you obtain an RMA#, and you will have expedited processing of your warranty claim.